- Tournament: AIC Invitational
- Finish: 3rd of 10 teams | 306 + 289 = 595
- Date: September 22-23, 2018
- Location: Veteran's Memorial Golf Course
- The Lead: Assumption improved by 17 strokes on the final day of competition to jump to third place at the AIC Invitational highlighted by a 3-under 69 from freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Roop dropped eight strokes from his first-day total with the 69 on Sunday for his lowest round as a collegian and earn a top-three finish. Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) was a model of consistency, finished one behind Roop with a 147 overall after shooting an even par 72 on Sunday for a fifth place finish.
- Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) shot a 72 on Sunday and finished with a 149 to placed 11th, while Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) shot a 153 (74, 79) to tie for 18th. Jonathan Farrell (Feeding Hills, Mass. / Agawam) matched him with a 153 to round out the top five golfers.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption's 289 was its lowest single round total of the season. The team finished just two strokes behind Saint Thomas Aquinas and six from matching Bentley, who won the event with a 589.
- The Hounds return action on Sunday when they take part in the NE10 Championships at En-Joie GC in Endicott, N.Y.