- Tournament: Eagles Invitational
- Results: 2nd of 11 teams | 295 + 295 = 590
- Dates: October 8-9, 2018
- Location: Watertown Golf Club (Watertown, Conn.)
- The Lead: Assumption shot a 295 for the second straight day on the way to an impressive second place finish in the Eagles Invitational on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) dropped two shots from his Monday total with a 1-under 71 to tie for second overall with an even par (144) in the event. Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) finished with a 148 (73, 75) overall to tie for seventh.
- Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) and senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) both had top-ten finishes, tying for ninth with matching scores of 149. Bryant shot a 76 today, while Elliot was at even par for the day with a 72. Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) rounded out the Assumption contingent by shooting a 158 overall. The junior dropped two shots from his opening-day 80.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was 11-over with a 295 of the second straight day for a total of 590, just edging NE10 Champion Southern New Hampshire who had a 592. Le Moyne won the event by shooting a 1-under 283 on the day to finish with a 582 overall. Host Post University was fourth with a 594.
- The Hounds return to action on Oct. 19-20 when they play in the Le Moyne Fall Invitational.