- Tournament: NEIGA DII Championship
- Results: 2nd of 6 Teams | 317 + 314 = 631
- Dates: October 21-22, 2018
- Location: The Captains Course – Starboard (Brewster, Mass.)
- The Lead: Assumption was three shots better in their second round at the New England Intercollegiate Golf Association Championship, but Saint Anselm lowered its score by 19 strokes to win the title as the Hounds finished second overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren) shot a 3-over 75 for the second straight day and finished second in the NEIGA Championship with a 150. Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) posted a 79 for the second consecutive round to finish with a 158 and tie for eighth overall.
- Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) shot an 80 to finish with a 161 overall and place 11th, while sophomore Ryan Fillebrown (Ayer, Mass. / Saint Bernard's) dropped five strokes for an 80 on Monday and 165 overall. Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) rounded out the field with a 166 for the Hounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Saint Anselm shot a 303 on Monday to finish with a 625 overall, while Assumption had a 314 and finished with a 631. AIC finished nine shots back with a 640, while Franklin Pierce took fourth with a 641.