- Tournament: Assumption Spring Invitational
- Results: 3rd/6 teams | 321 + 318 = 639
- Date: April 13-14, 2019
- Location: Blackstone Country Club (Sutton, Mass.)
- The Lead: Assumption improved three strokes on Sunday to hold off the teams behind them and take third overall at the Assumption Spring Invitational this weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) led the Hounds with a second straight 75 to finish with a 150 and placed third overall. Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) improved two strokes from his 82 on Saturday to finish with a 162 and placed 18th, while freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) shot a 163 (82, 81) to finish 20th.
- Junior Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) improved three strokes on Sunday with his 82 to finish with a two-day total of 167. Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) rounded out the top five with a 169 (82, 87). Competing as individuals, Ryan Fillebrown (Ayer, Mass. / Saint Bernard's) finished with a 162 (81, 81) while Blake Cox (Rehoboth, Mass. / Dighton Rehoboth) shot a 165 (80, 85) and Scott VanDenburg (Valatie, N.Y. / Ichabod Crane) had a 166 (81, 85).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 318 on the second day, but was no match for Franklin Pierce who had a 296 and finished with a 598 overall. Post was second with a 618 while the Hounds had a 639. Chestnut Hill (646) and Saint Michael's (660) rounded out the top-five. Nathan Patterson of Franklin Pierce earned medalist honors as he shot a 144, highlighted by an opening round 70.
- The Hounds return to action on Wednesday when they compete in the Bentley Newport Classic in Newport, Rhode Island.