- Score: Assumption 4, Stonehill 3 (OT)
- Records: Assumption (5-0-0, 1-0-0 NE10), Stonehill (0-2-0, 0-1-0 NE10),
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The lead: With just 13 seconds left in overtime, Christopher Stalmok (Paxton, Mass. / Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL Elite)) sent a puck over the shoulder of Stonehill goalie Billy Palmer to send the Assumption Greyhounds home with the 4-3 win in their first NE10 action of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-With only 13 seconds left in overtime, the Hounds crashed the net with two attackers rushing the puck. Stalmok got to the puck first and flipped it over Palmer's shoulder to give the Hounds the 3-2 lead.
-Stonehill tied the game at three at the 3:43 mark of the third period. Ryan Meade scored for the Skyhawks, assisted by Sean Conley and Thomas Mahoney.
- No one scored in the second period. The Hounds led 3-2 at the end of the first period. After Stonehill's Connor Jewett scored just 39 seconds into the game, Assumption responded with a goal of their own just eight seconds later when Dante Maribito (Georgtown, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) his first goal of the season. Devan Sheth (Ashland, Mass. / Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL Premier)) put the Hounds up 2-1 at 4:59. After the Skyhawks tied the game at two, John Fine-Lease (Willsboro, N.Y. / Walpole Express (EHL)) put the Hounds back up, 3-2, at the 8:04 mark, assisted by Elliott McGuire (Lowell, Mass. / Truro Bearcats (MJAHL)).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Both teams produced 30 shots on net. Stonehill went 1-for-5 while on the power play, while the Hounds were 0-for-5.
- Stalmok's goal was his first game-winner of his collegiate career. A freshman, he scored his first goal and added his first collegiate assist in his team's 8-1 win over Becker back on October 28.
-After adding two assists against the Skyhawks, Peter McDonagh (Latrobe, Pa. / Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL Elite)) now has two goals and three assists in his last three games. He has two power play goals and two game-winners during that span.
-David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) made 27 saves on 30 shots and improved to 4-0 on the year. Palmer made 26 saves on 30 shots and fell to 0-2 on the year.
-The Hounds' 5-0 start is their best in program history, having never won more than three games in a row to start a season.
-The Hounds travel to face Saint Anselm on Saturday, November 10, with the puck set to drop at 4 p.m.