- Score: Saint Anselm 5, Assumption 1
- Records: Saint Anselm (3-2-0, 3-1-0 NE10), Assumption (5-1-0, 1-1-0 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Sullivan Arena)
- The lead: After getting off to their best start in program history, beginning their season with five straight wins, the Assumption Greyhounds' hot start came to an end on Saturday night after losing 5-1 to the Saint Anselm Hawks.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Hounds trailed 2-1 at the end of the first period. Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)) puts the Hounds up 1-0 just 1:15 into the first period on a shot from out front, assisted by John McDonagh (Latrobe, Pa. / Shady Side Academy (Prep)). Saint Anselm then tied the game at the 11:16 mark and went up 2-1 just 3:52 later on a goal by Dave Almeida.
-The Hawks broke the game open with two unanswered goals in the second period to go up 4-1. Bryan Green scored his second goal of the year at the 9:41 mark to put Saint Anselm up 3-1. Two minutes and 39 seconds later, at the 12:20 mark, Mike Ferraro scored on the power play to move the Hawk's lead to two at 4-1.
-Saint Anselm scored one more goal in the third period to stretch their lead to 5-1. Almeida scored a short-handed goal and his second goal of the game just 1:07 into the period. The Hounds pressured with five shots on net, but were turned away on each attempt.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Saint Anselm 23-22. The Hounds were 0-for-7 on the power play, while the Hawks were 1-for-7.
- Holyoke scored his fifth goal of the year. A freshman, he started his collegiate career with four goals in his first three games. McDonagh's assist was his fourth of the season and second in as many games.
-David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) made 12 saves on 16 shots and fell to 4-1 on the year. Robbie Campbell (Raritan, N.J. / New England Stars (NA3HL)) came in and made five saves on six shots in 18:53 minutes of play. Colin Soucy made 22 saves on 23 shots for Saint Anselm and improved to 3-1 on the year.
-The Hounds travel to Framingham St. on Tuesday, November 13, with the puck set to drop at 7:30 p.m.