- Score: Southern N.H. 3, Assumption 2
- Records: Southern N.H. (4-2-1, 2-1-1 NE10), Assumption (6-2-0, 1-2-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The lead: The Assumption Greyhounds peppered Southern N.H. goalie JT Kossakowski with 49 shots on net, but Kossakowski turned away 47 of those attempts, while the Pennmen scored three unanswered goals in the second period to take down the Hounds 3-2 on Friday night at Buffone Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-Down 2-0 to begin the second period, the Pennmen strung together three goals on eight shots in the second period to go up by the final score of 3-2. Jake Cox started the scoring for Southern N.H. just 1:52 into the period. Charlie Davis then tied the game at two at the 6:51 mark when he intercepted a pass and went one-on-one with Assumption goalie David Zulauf (Rocherster, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) and got the puck past him just inside the right post. Brett Strawn put the Pennmen up for good at the 9:20 mark when he sent a blistering shot past Zulauf to put his team up 3-2.
-Assumption attacked in the third period, putting 19 shots on net. They also had a five-on-three chance for 33 seconds during the period, putting several good attempts on net, but where turned away each time. They finished the game with 49 total shots.
-The Hounds began the game up 2-0 at the end of the first period. Dante Maribito (Georgetown, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) put the Hounds up to start at the 15:08 mark, assisted by Christopher Stalmok (Paxton, Mass. / Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL Premier)) and John McDonagh (Latrobe, Pa. / Shady Side Academy (Prep)). Matt Damelio (Rocherster, N.Y. / Northwood (Prep)) tallied his team's second goal at the 19:34 mark by getting the puck out front and finding the top corner of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Southern N.H. 49-24. The Hounds were 0-for-5 on the power play, while the Pennmen were 0-for-1.
- The team's 49 shots tied the most they tallied in a game this year. The team tallied 49 shots in an 8-1 win over Becker on October 28.
-Maribito has scored in each of his last two games and in three out of his last four. He boasts a statline of 3-2-5 so far this season. Damelio has also scored in each of his last two games and now has five goals on the year.
-Zulauf made 21 saves on 24 shots but fell to 4-2 on the year. Kossakowski made 47 saves on 49 shots and improved to 1-1.
-The Hounds host Southern N.H. on Saturday, November 17, in the final game of a back-to-back series. Game time is set for 6:05 p.m.