- Score: Johnson & Wales 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Johnson & Wales (1-4-2, 0-3-1 NEHC), Assumption (7-3-0, 2-2-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The lead: In a game about defense and precision, the Johnson & Wales Wildcats found a way to garner the only tally of the game to defeat the Assumption Greyhounds 1-0 on Tuesday night at Buffone Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After playing to a scoreless tie through the first two periods, Connor Betchel scored the first and only goal of the game just 58 seconds into the third period. He scored when teammate Will DelVerne's shot went high and off the glass, only to fall back out front of the net. Betchel, standing at the right place at the right time, put the puck home for his third goal of the season.
- The Hounds pressured by pulling goalie David Altman (Bristol, R.I. / Northern Cyclones (EHL)) with over one minute left in the third period and while on the power play. The Hounds returned Altman to the net after being called for a cross check, but pulled him again with 20 seconds left, but couldn't make anything of it.
-The two teams played to a scoreless tie through two periods. The Hounds held a 29-16 shot advantage by the end of the second however.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot the Wildcats 38-26. The Hounds were 0-for-4 on the power play, while Johnson & Wales was 0-for-5.
-The game marked the first start of the season for Altman, who made 25 saves on 26 shots, falling to 0-1 on the year. Altman made seven starts during the 2017-2018 season. Wildcats goalie Tyler Ellor saved all 38 shots and improved to 1-0 on the year.
-The Hounds now commence on a 10-day break, not hosting Saint Michael's until December 1 at 6:05 p.m.