- Score: Saint Michael's 2, Assumption 1 (OT)
- Records: Saint Michael's (2-7-1, 2-1-1 NE10), Assumption (7-4-0, 2-3-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The lead: After the Assumption Greyhounds fought to tie the game at one in the third period, the Hounds' efforts went to no avail as the Saint Michael's Purple Knights ended the game with 56 seconds left in overtime on a power play goal to win 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Purple Knight's went on the power play at 2:36 in overtime when Robert Roche (Holden, Mass. / Tri City Storm (USHL)) was called for interference. The Hounds had fought the penalty off for more than one minute, but could not hold Saint Michael's Nic Hermary from scoring his second goal of the game and the game-winner at the 4:04 mark of overtime.
-The Hounds fought hard to tie the game at one in the third period. Outshooting the Purple Knights 11-2 through the third period along with a shot off the top post by Matt Damelio (Rochester, N.Y. / Northwood (Prep)), the Hounds tied the game with just under six minutes left in the third on a power play goal by Brendan Philippon (Salem, N.H. / Philadelphia Flyers (USPHL Premier)). Philippon's redirect went over the goalie's shoulder, hit the top of the net and back down for his fifth goal of the season.
- The Purple Knight's led 1-0 at the end of the first period. Hermary put his team up at the 7:14 mark when he came down the left side and sent a blistering shot at the net. Assumption goalie David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) got his glove on the puck, but couldn't prevent Saint Michael's from scoring.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot the Purple Knights 29-17. The Hounds were 1-for-6 on the power play, while Saint Michael's was 1-for-3.
-Zulauf made 15 saves on 17 shots but fell to 5-3 on the year. The Purple Knight's Tim Decker made 28 saves on 29 shots and improved to 2-2 on the year.
-Philippon now has six points in his last five games.
-The Hounds are at home again on Tuesday, December 4, in non-conference action against Post with puck set to drop at 7:05 p.m.