- Score: Assumption 4, Post 0
- Records: Assumption (8-4-0, 2-3-0 NE10), Post (3-7-0)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The lead: Four different players scored for the Assumption Greyhounds, while the team netted goals on both the power play and while short-handed and goalie David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) saved all 22 shots he faced to lift his team past the Pace Eagles 4-0 on Tuesday night at Buffone Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Hounds led 2-0 at the end of the first period. Ryan Loranger (Billerica, Mass. / Middlesex Black Bears (Prep)) started the scoring at the 2:43 mark when he got out front and gathered a pass from teammate Michael Zampanti (Winthrop, Mass. / Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL)). Loranger put the puck in the top left corner of the net for his first goal of the season. Matt Damelio (Rochester, N.Y. / Northwood (Prep)) put the Hounds up 2-0 on a 5-on-3 goal at the 17:13 mark.
-Assumption extended its lead to 4-0 by the end of the second period. Brendan Philippon (Salem, N.H. / Philadelphia Flyers (USPHL Premier)) scored first at the 10:17 mark with his team short-handed. Christopher Stalmok (Paxton, Mass. / Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL Premier)) put his team up by four just over five minutes later at the 15:23 mark when he gathered in a loose puck and shot from out front and through traffic for his fourth goal of the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot the Eagles 32-22. The Hounds were 1-for-6 on the power play, while Pace was 0-for-5.
-Zulauf saved all 22 shots he faced and improved to 6-3 on the year. The Eagles's Brandon Brown made 28 saves on 32 shots but fell to 1-6 on the year.
-Philippon's goal gives him two in his last two games. He has also netted four points in his last three games and seven in his last six games. Dante Tomassini's (North Branford, Conn. / Connecticut Jr. Wolfpack (EHL)) assist gives him two in his last two games. Robert Roche's (Holden, Mass. / Tri City Storm (USHL)) assist also gives him two in his last two games. Roche has also netted seven points in his last six games.
-The Hounds travel to Westfield St. on Thursday, December 6, in non-conference action against Westfield St. with puck set to drop at 7:05 p.m.