- Score: Becker 5, Assumption 2
- Records: Becker (1-1-0, 0-0-0 CCC), Assumption (0-1-0, 0-0-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The Lead: The Becker Hawks scored three third-period goals to defeat an otherwise dominating Assumption Greyhounds team 5-2 on opening night at Buffone Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-Trey McMillen scored the game-winner just 2:57 into the third period, assisted by teammates Mikey Wilson and Romain Wild. Luke James then added an insurance goal at the 16:08 mark on a puck that went bar-down into the net. McMillen then added his second goal of the night with just one second left in regulation to put his team up 5-2.
-The Hounds had previously scored two unanswered goals to end the first period tied at two. John Pigott (Arlington, Mass. / Tilton School (Prep)) tallied the first goal at the 17:46 mark. John Fine-Lease (Willsboro, N.Y. / Walpole Express (EHL)) then tied the game at two with just 47 seconds left in the first period while shorthanded.
-Becker began the game with two quick goals just 14 seconds apart. Jason Diamond scored at the 9:36 mark to put his team up by one. Wild scored just 14 second later at the 9:50 mark to give his team a 2-0 lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Assumption outshot the Hawks 35-13. Both teams went 0-for-6 on the power play.
-Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)) led the team with 10 shots, while Sean O'Connell (Stoneham, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) tallied his first collegiate point in his first collegiate game, an assist on Pigott's goal.
-Cody Foster made 33 saves on 35 shots to improve to 1-1-0 on the year. David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) made eight saves on 12 shots but fell to 0-1-0 on the year.
- The Hounds travel to Stonehill on Friday, November 8. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m.