- Score: Assumption 6, Stonehill 4
- Records: Assumption (1-1-0, 1-0-0 NE10), Stonehill (1-1-0, 0-1-0 NE10)
- Location: Easton, Mass. (Foxboro Sports Complex)
- The Lead: Robert Roche (Holden, Mass. / Tri City Storm (USHL)) gave his team a two-goal lead less than a minute into the third period of a back-and-forth game and the Assumption Greyhounds defeated the Stonehill Skyhawks 6-4 to earn their first win of the regular season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-Roche's goal came just 49 seconds into the third on a rocketed shot underneath the crossbar with his team up 4-3. It was the third time the Hounds went up by two goals during Friday's game, holding leads of 2-0, 4-2, 5-3 and then later 6-4 when Dante Maribito (Georgetown, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) scored a power play goal with one minute left in regulation.
-Michael Zampanti (Winthrop, Mass. / Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL Premier)), gave the Hounds their first lead of the game just 3:25 into it on a pass from Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / Southe Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)). Zampanti, who later added an assist, was one of four Hounds to have one goal and one assist in Friday's contest.
-Holyoke joined Zampanti in the club at the 6:17 mark of the second period, scoring on the power play to give his team a 3-2 lead. Alexander Mavrogiannis (Dover, Mass. / East Coast Wizards (EHL)), who also gave his team a 2-0 lead in the first, assisted Maribito's goal in the third to give him his first collegiate goal and assist.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Assumption outshot the Skyhawks 52-28. The Hounds went 2-for-9 on the power play, while Stonehill went 1-for-5.
-Mavrogiannis was +2 while on the ice thanks to his goal and assist. Roche, who was +16 while on the ice last year, was +5 on the ice against the Skyhawks, adding one goal and one assist in the process. It was the first points either player put up this season.
-David Altman (Bristol, R.I. / Northern Cyclones (EHL)) made 24 saves on 28 shots in his first game of the 2019-20 season, improving to 1-0-0. Chase McKay made 46 saves on 52 shots but fell to 1-1-0.
- The Hounds travel to Post tomorrow, November 9, for a 7:30 p.m. puck drop.