- Score: Saint Michael's 4, Assumption 3 (OT)
- Records: Saint Michael's (4-1-1, 2-1-0 NE10), Assumption (2-3-0, 2-2-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The Lead: After playing to a tie through the first 60 minutes, it took the Saint Michael's Purple Knights just nine seconds into overtime to score the game-winning goal, defeating the Assumption Greyhounds 4-3 in the second game of the weekend series between the two teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Purple Knights' Thomas Flack scored the game-winning goal just nine second into overtime. He placed a shot on net, got his own rebound and then put it home for his second point of the game. The goal came after the Hounds had tied the game at three at the 11:24 mark to send it into overtime. While on the power play, Michael Zampanti (Winthrop, Mass. / Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL Premier)) blew one past Saint Michael's goalie Tim Decker for his third goal of the game.
-Zampanti had given the Hounds an initial lead in the first period, scoring at the 3:09 mark of the game. Sel Narby tied the game at one at the 11:55 mark to end the first period 1-1. Zampanti then scored again, this time while on the power play, to give his team a 2-1 lead at the 15:43 mark of the second. Matt Schreiner scored just five seconds later for the Purple Knights to end the second period tied at two.
-Jeremy Routh scored at the 9:54 mark of the third to give his team an initial 3-2 lead before Zampanti tied the game at three to give himself the hat-trick.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Assumption outshot the Purple Knights 36-34. Saint Michael's went 2-for-8 while on the power play and the Hounds went 2-for-7.
-Zampanti's hat-trick gives him five goals on the season, setting a new career-high just five games into the season. A sophomore, he scored three goals and added eight assists last season. Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)) added two assists, giving him one goal and three assists through five games this season.
-David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich. / Bridgton Academy (Prep)) made 30 saves on 34 shots but fell to 0-2-0 on the year. Decker made 33 saves on 36 shots and improved to 3-1-0 on the year.
- The Hounds travel for an across-town rivalry against Worcester St. on Saturday, November 23 with puck drop set for 7:10 p.m.