- Score: Assumption 3, Fitchburg St. 2
- Records: Assumption (2-3-1, 2-2-0 NE10), Fitchburg St. (4-1-1, 2-1-1 MASCAC)
- Location: Fitchburg, Mass. (Wallace Civic Center)
- The Lead: Three second period goals from three different players and a 42-save performance by David Altman (Bristol, R.I. / Northern Cyclones (EHL)) got the Assumption Greyhounds back on track Tuesday night, defeating the Fitchburg St. Falcons 3-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-Altman stood on his head most of the night, making several great diving and sprawling saves, leading to a 42-save performance. He got the support from his entire team on Tuesday too, with Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)), John Pigott (Arlington, Mass. / Tilton School (Prep)) and Sean O'Connell (Stoneham, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) all scoring in the second period to give their team enough to defeat the Falcons.
-Holyoke scored first at the 5:20 mark of the second, sneaking one into the back of the net. The Falcons responded with a goal at the 11:42 mark when Dean Zerby scored his second goal of the season. The tie didn't stand for long though. Pigott made it 2-1 at the 16:02 mark, scoring off of an offensive zone faceoff after getting waved in to take the draw. O'Connell stretched the Hounds' lead to two just 2:09 later on a goal assisted by John McDonagh (Latrobe, Pa. / Shady Side Academy (Prep)) for a 3-1 lead.
-Altman then did the rest for the Hounds. He made 15 saves in the third to keep the Falcons off the board for the majority of the final period. The only thing that got by him was a power play goal by Hunter Fortin at the 18:28 mark. The Falcons had also pulled their goalie, creating a 6-on-4 opportunity at the time of the goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Fitchburg St. outshot the Hounds 44-34. Assumption went 0-for-2 on the power play, while the Falcons went 1-for-3.
-McDonagh's assist gives him three points in his last two games, making him +4 during that span. Pigott now has at least one point in three out of the five contests he has appeared in, while Maribito has tallied seven points in his last seven contests.
-Altman has performed well when in net this season, playing to a 2.62 goals against average, .912 save percentage and 3-1-0 record following Tuesday's win. Christopher Mattone earned the loss for the Falcons, making 31 saves on 34 shots, falling to 0-2-0 on the year.
- The Hounds travel to Saint Anselm on Friday, December 6, with puck drop set for 7 p.m.