- Score: Assumption 22, Post 6
- Records: Assumption (3-2), Post (1-5)
- Location: Waterbury, Conn. (LaMoy Field)
- The Lead: No. 19 Assumption scored the first five goals of the contest and led 11-3 at the half on the way to a dominant 22-6 victory on the road at Post on Wednesday afternoon in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Travis Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) scored twice in the first four minutes to give Assumption an early 2-0 advantage. Spencer Marocchini (Somers, Conn. / Wilbraham & Monson) made it 3-0 at 5:20 and Anthony D'Angelo (Grafton, Mass. / Grafton) pushed it to 4-0 with 2:21. Brett Jennings (Montgomery, N.Y. / Valley Central) provided a 5-0 lead but Post netted a goal with 13 seconds left to trail 5-1 after the first.
- In the second, Dan Farrell (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood) led off the scoring, though the Eagles answered back at 7:57 to make it a 6-2 contest. Farrell, Owen Peterson III (Westchester, N.Y. / Westlake) & Jennings all tallied goals over the next three minutes to stretch the lead to 9-2. Assumption scored twice more in the period while Post added a goal for a 10-3 margin at the half.
- Assumption outscored the Eagles 8-0 in the third, beginning with a goal from Jennings just seven seconds into the period. Eight different Hounds tallied goals, including Mike Leonard (Westwood, Mass. / Westwood), Jason Hughes (Watertown, Mass. / Watertown) and Tommy Galvin (Canton, Mass. / Canton).
- In the fourth Assumption scored twice in the opening two minutes. Peterson III netted his third and Zach DeBay (Pelham, N.H. / Central Catholic) scored off a Colin Buck (Bow, N.H. / Bow) feed in the opening two minutes. Post outscored the Hounds 3-1 over the final 12:30 to provide the 22-6 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Post 51-23 in the contest, while winning 25 of 30 face-offs and picking up more ground balls (43-16). The Hounds were 2-for-5 on the man up while holding Post to just 1-for-6.
- Farrell led the team with seven points on two goals and five assists while Reid scored four goals with one ground ball. Jennings added a hat trick and on assist. Peterson III posted a career-high four points on three goals and one assists while Marocchini two goals and one assist. Connor Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) won 21 of 24 face-offs and picked up a season-high 15 ground balls, while Tim Tierney (Framingham, Mass. / Framingham) had five ground balls and an assist.
- Colby Hamwey (West Yarmouth, Mass. / Wilbraham & Monson) earned the win in net as he allowed three goals with six saves. Senior John DeMott (Syracuse, N.Y. / Corcoran) played the third quarter, making six saves without allowing a goal while three other goalies split time in the fourth to secure the victory. Manuele D'Alessio took the loss as he allowed 22 goals with 16 saves.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday when the team travels to play Saint Michael's at 1 p.m.