- Score: Assumption 3, Daemen 2
- Records: Assumption (1-0, 0-0 NE10), Daemen (0-2, 0-0 ECC)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
The Lead: Sophomore Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass./Martha's Vineyard Regional) tallied a goal and assisted on the game-winning goal in Assumption's 3-2 victory over Daemen in their 2017 season-opening game.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just 4:37 into the game, Daemen forward Samuel Lockman tallied a goal assisted by Anthony Cupello to take the 1-0 lead over Assumption.
- The Hounds tied the game 1-1 18:05 later. Sophomore forward Simon Trcka (Prague, Czech Republic/ Thornton Academy) tallied a goal while Lages registered his first assist on the day.
- Assumption took the lead for the first time in the second half with more help from Lages. He was able to beat a defender and score the go ahead goal 74:03 to register his first goal of the season.
- With 2:38 left in regulation, Lages crossed a ball from the right side to sophomore Andres Amador (Bogota, Colombia/ Revere) who headed the ball past Daemen goalkeeper Jarrett Lecceadone to score the eventual game-winner.
- With one minute left in regulation the Wildcats answered with a goal from Brage Wiik assisted by Kristian Aadnoy to cut the deficit to 3-2, but that would not be enough to defeat the Hounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds outshot the Wildcats 21-16 while Daemen tallied three more corner kicks than Assumption.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Brian Murray (Camas, Wash./ Camas) made five saves in the win, while Lecceadone made 9 saves and was credited with the loss.
- Assumption is back in action on Monday as they host Nyack in their annual Kick CF Game starting at 2:30 pm.