Score: Assumption 3, Nyack 2
Records: Assumption (1-1, 0-0 NE10), Nyack (1-0-1, 0-0 CACC)
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
The Lead: Sophomore Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass./ Marthas Vineyard Regional) scored two first-half goals, but Nyack came back to tie the contest in the second half and netted the game-winner in overtime to complete the comeback on Monday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lages led the Hounds to a 2-0 lead in the first half. In the 22nd minute, the sophomore received a pass from senior defenseman Connor Henry (Northborough, Mass/ Algonquin Regional) off a free kick and was able to score in the upper right corner past Warrior goalkeeper Alvaro Magel.
- With just 1:42 left in the first half, Lages drew a foul in the box and capitalized on the penalty shot give the Hounds a two-goal advantage.
- In the 69th minute, Nyack cut its deficit in half as Finn Reese assisted Alex Garcia and then just 3:34 later, the Warriors tied the game when Samuel Viau scored off a pass to the middle by teammate Nicholas Scarafile.
- The game went to overtime even at 2-2 and with only 47 seconds left in the first overtime period, Reese took advantage of a feed into the middle from Benjamin Wasem on a scrum in front of the net to set the Warriors to victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Magel made two saves in the win, while Brian Murray (Camas, Washington/ Camas) made seven saves in his first loss of the 2017 season.
- The Nyack offense outshot Assumption 17-14, including a 4-1 edge in overtime, and produced three more corner kicks (6-3).
- The Hounds will host Mercy on Thursday night at 7 pm.