Score: Mercy 1, Assumption 0
Records: Assumption (1-2, 0-0 NE10), Mercy (2-1, 0-0 ECC)
Location: Worcester, Mass.
The Lead: Assumption goalkeeper Brian Murray (Camas, Wash./ Camas) made five saves as the Hounds fell to Mercy 1-0 on Thursday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- At 14:48 in the first half, Maximiliano Rebolledo-Camus scored off an assist from Lucca Lacerda to net the eventual game winning goal.
- With 1:37 left in regulation the Hounds had a chance to force overtime when sophomore Alex Moschella (Miller Place, N.Y./ Miller Place) crossed to ball to Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass./ Martha's Vineyard Regional), but the Maverick defense blocked the shot to preserve the one-goal lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Mercy offense outshot the Hounds 12-8 and produced two more corner kicks.
- Murray made five saves in the loss while Maverick goalkeeper Kwantarian Van de Lara made two saves in the win.
- On Saturday September 9, the Hounds will host Roberts Wesleyan at 1 pm.