- Score: Franklin Pierce, Assumption
- Records: Assumption (3-3-0, 1-1-0 NE10), Franklin Pierce (4-0-0, 2-0-0 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (The Fieldhouse)
The Lead: Although the Assumption offense produced six corner kicks and eleven shots, Franklin Pierce goalkeeper, Jadel Poon-Lewis remained solid as the Hounds fell 2-0 to the Ravens in an NE10 conference match up.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin Pierce took the 1-0 lead 28:23 into the first half, when Yannik Felber headed the ball into the net scoring the eventual game winning goal off a free kick from teammate Hamish Cadigan.
- The rest of the first half remained scoreless, but 19:37 into the second half Joel Peterson scored off a through ball from Niklas Laudahn to take to 2-0 lead.
- Assumption leading scorer, Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass./Marthas Vineyard Regional) had an opportunity to score in the 86th minute but his shot was blocked by the Raven defense and they captured the 2-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hound offense tallied six corner kicks while the Ravens registered one. The shot totals were an even 6-6 in the first half but Franklin Pierce out shot Assumption by four in the second half.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Brian Murray (Camas, Wash./ Camas) made six saves in the loss, while Poon-Lewis made four saves in the shutout.
- Assumption is back in action on Wednesday at 7 pm as they host Southern New Hampshire in an NE10 conference match.