- Score: Saint Rose 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Saint Rose (5-6-1, 5-3-1 NE10), Assumption (4-9, 2-7 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Saint Rose scored in 74th minute and Assumption had a few chances in the final ten minutes but was unable to convert as the visitors came away with a 1-0 victory on Saturday afternoon in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption nearly got on the board in the first two minutes as Simon Trcka (Prague, Czech Republic / Thornton Academy) dribbled through the defense and ripped a shot past the goalie but it hit off the far post and went back into play and the Golden Knights were able to clear it away.
- Saint Rose, meanwhile, had a number of near goals in the opening 45 minutes, including a shot from just inside the 18 by Paulo Sdoia, which the charging Brian Murray (Camas, Wash. / Camas) was able to deflect. Murray finished the first half with nine saves.
- The score remained 0-0 until the 74th minute. Saint Rose set the ball into the box on a cross and Suleiman Haruna-iya was able to slip by the defense and put the ball home.
- Assumption put pressure on the Golden Knight defense and forced a save in the final minutes but weren't able to score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Saint Rose outshot Assumption 25-14 in the contest, though both teams recorded three corner kicks.
- Murray was impressive in defeat, making 13 saves, while Gianni Carillo stopped eight shots in earning the win for the Golden Knights.
- Assumption returns to action on Wednesday when the team hosts New Haven at 7 pm.