- Score: Assumption 0, New Haven 0
- Records: Assumption (4-9-1, 2-7-1 NE10), New Haven (2-11-1, 2-7-1 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption and New Haven each had chances during the final 30 minutes of action and the Hounds outshot the Chargers 8-6 in the two overtimes but ended with a 0-0 double overtime draw on a cool Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- New Haven nearly made it 1-0 in the 16th minute as Mawasi Charles one-timed a pass outside the six that went just wide of the net, past a charging Brian Murray (Camas, Wash. / Camas).
- In the 20th minute, Alex Moschella (Miller Place, N.Y. / Miller Place) had a good look from the near corner of the 18 but his shot was blocked. The Hounds were able to get consecutive corner kicks off the play but couldn't convert on either attempt, as a header was blocked just wide of the net.
- The Chargers nearly took a lead just five minutes into the second half. Nate Peduzzi received a through ball outside the 18 and was 1-on-1 with Murray, but the sophomore made the charging save and deflected it out of bounds.
- Assumption had a chance again 67th minute but Stefano Lorusso was able to get a hand on it. Stephen Lauria (Dix Hills, N.Y. / Half Hollow Hills West) then saved a goal in the 80th minute as he slide to kick the ball before crossed the goal line because the ball had got behind Murray.
- The Hounds had eight shots in the two overtimes and a couple good looks but couldn't convert, while the Chargers were able to put a pair of shots on net against Murray.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- New Haven held a 26-22 edge in shots, but Assumption had 12 corner kicks to just four by the Chargers. Simon Trcka (Prague, Czech Republic / Thornton Academy) led the Hounds with four shots.
- Murray played the full 110:00 in his first draw of the year, making six saves in total. Lorusso, meanwhile, stopped five shots.
-Assumption returns to action on Saturday when the team travels to play Saint Anselm at 11 am.