- Score: Assumption 4, Saint Anselm 1
- Records: Assumption (5-9-1, 3-7-1 NE10), Saint Anselm (3-8-2, 3-7-1 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Melucci Field)
- The Lead: Assumption gave up a goal to Saint Anselm in the final 30 seconds of the first half but Simon Trcka (Prague, Czech Republic / Thornton Academy) scored twice in the opening 15 minutes of the second as the Hounds added two more for a 4-1 victory on the road Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Anselm outshot the Assumption 6-4 in the first half and took a 1-0 lead on their final shot of the period as Emmet O'Callaghan put it home with only 28 seconds left.
- Just five minutes into the second half the Hounds knotted the contest 1-1. Kevin Hernandez (San Juan, P.R. / Colegio San Jose) got the ball to Trcka, who ripped a shot from the left side to beat the diving keeper. He added his second goal in the 60th minute, scoring on a free kick from just outside the box, for the 2-1 advantage.
- Hernandez pushed the lead to 3-1 in the 67th minute, scoring on a breakaway off a deflection. Trcka was credited with the assist on the play.
- Carlos Sola (Guaynabo, P.R. / Colegio San Ignacio de Loyola) provided some insurance in the 75th minute with his first collegiate goal, as he curved a ball from just inside the box pass the keeper.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds outshot the Hawks 9-3 in the second half and finished the game with a 13-9 advantage. They also had more corner kicks, 2-1.
- Brian Murray (Camas, Wash. / Camas) earned the win in net, stopping four shots. Helio Meirelles Neto took the loss for Saint Anselm as he made three saves and gave up all four goals.
- Assumption returns to action on Tuesday when they travel to play Stonehill on Tuesday at 3 pm.