- Score: Stonehill 3, Assumption 2 (OT)
- Records: Stonehill (6-9-2, 3-8-1 NE10), Assumption (5-10-1, 3-8-1 NE10)
- Location: North Easton, Mass. (Skyhawk Field)
- The Lead: Assumption and Stonehill were scoreless at the half, but the Skyhawks scored three times in the final 45 minutes of action to come away with a 3-2 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Neither team was able to score in the first half, though the Skyhawks peppered Assumption goalie Brian Murray (Camas, Wash. / Camas) with 14 shots, forcing him to make six saves. The Hounds, meanwhile, had six total shots.
- Stonehill took a 1-0 lead in the 58th minute off a goal by Adam Branco. Just three minutes later, sophomore Simon Trcka (Prague, Czech Republic / Thornton Academy) answered to tie the game on a free kick from 30 yards out which bounced over the keeper's hands.
- The Skyhawks grabbed a 2-1 advantage in the 68th minute. However, it was Trcka who came through to even the score once again. He tipped it in off an Andres Amador (Bogota, Colombia / Revere) feed.
- In the final minute of play, Stonehill nearly earned the victory, but Murray made a pair of saves in the goal mouth with some assistance from Connor Henry (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin Regional) to force overtime.
- The game appeared to be headed to a second overtime, but Eric Dominguez sent a ball into the box from 30 yards out and it bounced off the crossbar and into the net for the game-winner with just one second left on the clock.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Stonehill held a 26-15 shot advantage for the game, including a 12-9 edge in the second half and overtime. The Skyhawks also had more corner kicks (8-5).
- Trcka had his second consecutive multi-goal performance, scoring twice to lead the Hounds. Murray made 12 saves 99:59 minutes of action while Jeremy Zielinksi earned the win as he let up two goals and made seven saves.
- Assumption concludes its regular season play as the team hosts Merrimack on Friday at 4 pm.