- Score: Merrimack 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Merrimack (13-2-2, 10-1-2 NE10), Assumption (5-11-1, 3-9-1 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Merrimack scored in the 35th minute and Assumption was unable to net the equalizer over the final 55 minutes, despite a late push, as the Hounds dropped the 1-0 decision on Senior Night Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Merrimack took a 1-0 lead in the 35th minute. The Warriors took possession near midfield and and dribbled it down to the 18, where Filippo Begliardi Ghidini fed it from the corner of the 18 to the middle. Lars Sund took one touch before sending it into the bottom near corner, past a diving keeper.
- In the second half, both teams had some good chances. Simon Trcka (Prague, Czech Republic / Thornton Academy) had a shot in the 76th minute but it was saved and then the Hounds earned a corner with just one minute left. Connor Henry (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin Regional) sent the ball into the box, but Assumption wasn't able to get a good head on it and Merrimack cleared it away to secure the win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Merrimack held a 23-5 advantage in shots, but just a 4-2 edge in corner kicks. Trcka led the team with two shots.
- Brian Murray (Camas, Wash. / Camas) made five saves in the loss, while Lucas Rezende earned the victory while making a single save.
- The game was the final for seniors Dillon Foley (Natick, Mass. / Natick) and Henry. Both appeared in over 50 matches for the Hounds over their career and last year helped the team to its first NE10 Playoff berth in seven years.