-Score: Assumption 3, Le Moyne 1
-Records: Assumption (5-2-1, 3-1-1 NE10), Le Moyne (6-2-0, 3-2-0 NE10)
-Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Backed by one goal and two assists from Dylan Rodrigues (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School), the Assumption Greyhounds defeated the No. 22 Le Moyne Dolphins 3-1 in a soggy conference matchup on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rodrigues had a hand in each of the Hounds' goals. He put the team up 1-0 at the 43:18 mark on a kick from dead-center. Then in the second half, Rodrigues' corner kick was sent toward the net by Kevin Hernandez (San Juan, P.R. / Colegio San Jose) and redirected in by Andres Amador (Bogota, Colombia / Revere) to put the Hounds up 2-1.
- Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) then took a long pass from Rodrigues and went one-on-one with Dolphins' goalie, Josh Mahr. Lages beat him from the left side to put the Hounds up 3-1.
- The Dolphins' lone goal came by Pablo Fernandez when his high shot went off Assumption goalie Sebastian Jimenez's (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) hand, tying the game at one.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Le Moyne held a 19-10 shot advantage, outshooting Assumption 11-6 in the second-half. Le Moyne also held a 9-6 advantage in corner kicks.
- Rodrigues' goal was the first on the year for him. He now has three assists on the season. Lages has now scored three goals in the last two games. He scored two goals in the team's previous game, a 2-2 tie with Saint Michael's.
- Jimenez made eight saves for the Hounds and improved to 5-2-1 on the year. Mahr made two saves for the Dolphins and fell to 5-2 on the year.
- The win over Le Moyne was the first for the Hounds against the Dolphins since 2008.
-The Hounds will face Southern Conn. St. on Saturday, September 29, at home, with game time set for 7 p.m.