- Score: Franklin Pierce 4, Assumption 0
- Records: Franklin Pierce (5-2-1, 3-1-0 NE10), Assumption (6-3-0, 4-2-0 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, NH (Sodexo Field)
- The Lead: In a battle between two top-five regionally ranked opponents, the Franklin Pierce Ravens defeated the Assumption Greyhounds 4-0 on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Ravens scored early, putting their first notch on the board at the 9:42 mark, and the Hounds couldn't recover. Javier Garcia Borras scored his team's first goal on a free kick just outside the top of the box, tucking a ball inside the left post for the 1-0 lead. Just minutes later, at the 15:15 mark Antonio Ferreira scored on a centered ball to put the Ravens up 2-0, which would stand until the half.
-Franklin Pierce then added two more in the second half. Stefan Lohberger netted a ball at the 69:32 mark thanks to a centered ball at the top of the box. He put it home on the left side of the net for a 3-0 lead. Lohberger struck again at the 71:46 mark, this time from about 10 yards out, for his team's final score of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Franklin Pierce outshot the Hounds 16-2 while both teams had two corner kicks. Devon Slaboc (Westmoreland, N.Y. / Westmoreland) had both shots for the Hounds.
-Sebastian Jimenez (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) made six saves but fell to 6-3-0 on the year. Tony Abdulky (Worcester, Mass. / Doherty) also made his first collegiate appearance, playing the final 12:11 of Saturday's game.
-The Hounds went into the matchup ranked fourth within the East Region, while Franklin Pierce ranked fifth. Assumption had also received votes in the national rankings, one of two Northeast-10 teams to do so.
- The Hounds host No. 1 Adelphi on Wednesday, October 9, at 4 p.m.