- Score: Assumption 3, New Haven 0
- Records: Assumption (8-6-0, 6-4-0 NE10), New Haven (4-9-1, 2-7-1 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Assumption Greyhounds dominated on all parts of the field, leading to a 3-0 shutout win over the New Haven Chargers on Senior Day.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Greyhounds held possession for 54% of the time and 58% through the first half, controlling the pace of play from the get-go. Kevin Hernandez (San Juan, P.R. / Colegio San Jose) deflected a goalkeeper kick into the back of the net just 16 seconds into the game to give the Hounds an early 1-0 lead.
-The defense did the rest. They held the Chargers to just 12 shots, six in each half, and only three corners. Sebastian Jimenez (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) made seven saves in net, including a couple saves on balls just underneath the crossbar.
-Assumption added insurance goals at the 38:50 and 62:16 marks in the all-around effort. Jeremy Martin (Hopedale, Mass. / Hopedale) flipped a ball over the goalkeeper and into the back of the net at the 38:50 mark for his second of the year and Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard Regional) sent a penalty kick into the bottom right corner of the net for the 3-0 lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-The Hounds outshot New Haven 19-12 and produced seven corners to the Chargers' three.
-Lages produced seven shots and four on net and scored once. He has scored in four out of his last six games and produced at least one point in eight out of 11 games he has played in. Stefano Lorusso made five saves but fell to 4-9-1.
-Assumption celebrated Senior Day, honoring four players before the game. This year's senior class averaged 6.75 wins per season, one of the winningest classes in program history.
- The Hounds travel to Bentley on Friday, November 1, for a 3 p.m. start.