- Score: Franklin Pierce 7, Assumption 2
- Record: Assumption (4-11, 2-7 NE10), Franklin Pierce (10-10, 5-4 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Assumption Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: Senior Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) and freshman Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) picked up a win at No. 1 doubles, while Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) took the fourth flight in singles as the Hounds were defeated 7-2 by Franklin Pierce on senior day.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Foster and Francis won No. 1 doubles 8-6, while Danny Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) fell 8-5 at the No. 2 flight. Freshman Luke Whitehouse (Hopkinton, Mass. / Hopkinton) and sophomore Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) dropped No. 3 doubles 8-2 for the Ravens to edge the Hounds 2-1 in doubles play.
- Franklin Pierce took the 5-1 advantage in singles play as Mariano had the only victory for the Hounds 6-6, 6-3 in the No. 4 spot. Foster took Roberto Chong to three sets, winning the first 6-1 but losing the second 7-6 and falling 11-9 in the third. At the No. 2 flight, Francis was defeated 6-4, 6-3. Yuval Barak beat Waung 6-3, 6-3 while Marcus Lawerence took No. 5 singles over Keppeler 7-5, 6-3. Matthew Toombs concluded the win for the Ravens with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Whitehouse.