- Score: Roberts Wesleyan 5, Assumption 2
- Records: Roberts Wesleyan (5-2), Assumption (0-4)
- Location: Shrewsbury, Mass. (Shrewsbury Tennis Club)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped all three doubles matches but rallied back to capture a pair of singles matches as the team opened its spring season with a 5-2 defeat the hands of Roberts Wesleyan on Thursday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption came up short in all three doubles matches. The duo of Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) and Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) were the closest to earning a win as they fell by a 6-3 margin.
- In singles action Francis fell as No. 1 in straight sets but freshman Brandon Sze (South Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) came through with a win at No. 3 for the team's first point, taking it 6-1, 6-4. The team's other victory was at No. 6 where freshman Michael Butkus (Worcester / South High) posted a straight-set victory.
- Assumption returns to action during the first week of March when the team travels down to Orlando, Florida to compete at the USTA National Campus.