- Scores: Stonehill 7, Assumption 0
- Records: Stonehill (9-3), Assumption (0-9)
- Location: Pomfret, Conn. (Pomfret School)
- The Lead: Assumption was unable to capture a point in the team's conference-opener on Tuesday, falling 7-0 to Stonehill on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption came up short in all three doubles matches to fall behind 1-0. Freshmen Jacob Lawrence (North Scituate, R.I. / Mt. Saint Charles Acad.) and Michael Butkus (Worcester / South High) came the closest to earning a win at No. 3, with a 6-4 in their match.
- In singles action, Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) put up a fight at No. 1, as he fell 6-4, 6-4. Lawrence was also solid in defeat at fifth flight singles, 6-3, 6-1. Freshman Brandon Sze (South Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) struggled to a 6-2, 6-0 defeat at No. 3 and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) faltered 6-1, 6-1 at No. 4.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday when the team hosts Bentley at 12 p.m.