- Scores: Bentley 7, Assumption 0
- Records: Bentley (8-4, 1-0) Assumption (0-11, 0-2)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption earned a win in one doubles match and nearly captured the doubles point but came up just short as the team fell 7-0 to Bentley in its first home match of the year on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The No. 1 duo of Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) earned a 6-4 victory. In the second flight, freshman Brandon Sze (South Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) and junior Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) fell by a 7-5 margin to allow Bentley to earn the doubles point.
- In singles, all six matches were decided in straight sets. Francis faltered 6-4, 6-0 at No. 1, while Mariano put up a fight, 6-4, 6-2 in the second flight. Freshmen Jacob Lawrence (North Scituate, R.I. / Mt. Saint Charles Acad.) fell 6-2, 6-2 at No. 4 singles.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday, when the team travels to play Saint Anselm at 11 a.m.