- Scores: Assumption 4, Saint Michael's 3
- Records: Assumption (1-11, 1-2 NE10), Saint Michael's (4-10, 1-4 NE10)
- Location: Colchester, Vt. (Tarrant Recreation Center)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped the doubles point but rallied to win four of six singles matches, including a victory by Brandon Sze (South Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) at No. 3 to clinch the 4-3 win over Saint Michael's.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption dropped two of three doubles matches to lose the doubles point. The duo of Sze and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse nearly earned a win at No. 2 before falling 7-6.
- The Hounds dropped sixth flight singles, but eventually rallied back to even it 2-2. Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) secured a 6-1, 6-3 victory at No. 1, while Jacob Lawrence (North Scituate, R.I. / Mt. Saint Charles Acad.) secured a 6-2, 6-3 win at fourth flight singles.
- At No. 2 singles, Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's) pulled through with a 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 victory to grab a 3-2 lead, however, a loss at fifth flight singles evened it 3-3. Sze provided the crucial final point, winning the first set 6-3 and taking the second 7-6 with an 11-9 tiebreaker.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday when the team travels to play Saint Anselm at 11 a.m.