- Scores: Adelphi 6, Assumption 1
- Records: Adelphi (3-8, 3-4 NE10), Assumption (2-13, 2-4 NE10),
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Sophomore Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) captured Assumption's lone point of the day at No. 1 singles as Assumption fell to visiting Adelphi 6-1 on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption dropped all three doubles matches as Adelphi earned the doubles point. Francis and sophomore Luke Whitehouse (Hopkinton, Mass. / Hopkinton) fell 6-3 while the No. 2 of Brandon Sze (South Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) also came up short 6-3.
- In singles, Francis dropped his opening set 6-2 at No. 1 but rebounded to the take the second 7-5. In the third set, he came through with the 10-4 victory for Assumption's lone point. Sze put up a fight at No. 2 as he fell 6-3, 6-4, and Jacob Lawrence (North Scituate, R.I. / Mt. Saint Charles Acad.) dropped his match at third flight singles, 6-3, 6-3.
- Assumption returns to action on Wednesday when the Hounds host Southern New Hampshire at 3 p.m.