- Score: Assumption 11, Felician 2 (Game One); Assumption 12, West Va. Wesleyan 2 (Game Two)
- Records: Assumption (4-2), Felician (4-10), West Va. Wesleyan (4-7)
- Location: Clermont, Fla. (Legends Way)
- The Lead: A strong offensive outing for Assumption highlighted by a home run from Olivia Crowley (Lowell, Mass./Lowell) led the Hounds to two dominating wins in the third day of the Spring Games.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME ONE
- Felician started the action in the first inning when the Golden Falcons singled up the middle of the field which brought in a run to earn a quick 1-0 lead. They extended their lead to two when an error pushed runners around the bases to score.
- Assumption quickly answered in the bottom of the second when an error allowed Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell High School) on base, which scored Ally Hinojosa (Revere, Mass./Revere High School) and Caitlin Mirabell (Shoreham, N.Y./Shoreham-Wading River) to tie the game at two runs apiece. The bases were loaded when Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield High School) was walked and a walk for Kayla Peabody (Mendon, Mass./Nipmuc Regional High School) scored Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem High School) for the Hounds to take a 3-2 lead.
- A single by Shelby Lindsay (New Durham, N.H./Kingswood Regional High School) drove in two more runs followed by two more off a Julia Mazzeo (Milford, N.H./Milford) double and then another pair from a Beaton double to take a 9-2 lead after the bottom of the third.
- In the bottom of the fourth the Hounds concluded their scoring with a single by Murphy that she beat out to allow Marissa Doherty (Tewksbury, Mass./Tewksbury Memorial High School) to score followed by an RBI from Mazzeo to drive in Abigail Duggan (West Roxbury, Mass./Mount Alvernia High School). The Hounds walked away with an impressive 11-2 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) earned the win throwing 46 strikes with three strike outs and 19 batters. Giuliana Pierce (Pittsfield, Mass./Pittsfield) pitched the final inning and earned two strikeouts in the six batters she faced.
- Mazzeo, Beaton and Mirabell all recorded doubles in the game while Mazzeo led the team with three RBIs. Drakoulakos, Beaton and Lindsay all earned two RBIs and Peabody and Murphy each recorded one.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME TWO
- The Hounds dominated their game against West Va. Wesleyan from the first inning when Peabody singled up the middle of the field to drive Murphy home and advance Beaton to third. Peabody later attempted to steal second, but was thrown out while Beaton stole home to give Assumption a quick 2-0 lead. Victoria Petrie () hit a big triple to score Crowley before Petrie would cross home on a wild pitch to end the inning up 4-0.
- The momentum continued into the second inning when Beaton singled to the right side to score Mazzeo followed by Crowley hitting a single to shortstop to advance Murphy to third and score Drakoulakos. Petrie then recorded another hit to score Murphy and take a 7-0 lead.
- In the fourth inning Peabody scored off a single by Mirabell to earn the only run. Murphy stole second in the top of the fifth while Arianna Papas () touched home to give Assumption a 9-0 lead. Peabody doubled to left to earn an RBI when Murphy scored. Crowley hit a homer to bring her and Peabody home and extend the Hounds' lead 12-0.
- The Hounds fended off a potential comeback by the Bobcats, where they earned two runs off singles up the middle and to left center before eventually winning the game 12-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Mia Patriacca (Newton, Mass./Newton) earned the win as the solo pitcher for the Hounds facing 18 batters and throwing 31 strikes. She recorded one strikeout in the game.
- Murphy recorded two stolen bases while Beaton earned one and also tallied an RBI for the game. Peabody hit two doubles and earned two RBIs while Drakoulakos hit one double.
- Petrie recorded a triple and two RBIs while Mirabell tallied an RBI as well. Crowley earned the Hounds' first home run of the season and also led the team with three RBIs.
- The Hounds are in action tomorrow at 11:15 a.m. against Mercyhurst and then again at 1:30 p.m. versus Bridgeport.