- Score: Georgian Court 4, Assumption 1 (Game One); Ashland 6, Assumption 1 (Game Two)
- Records: Assumption (5-5), Georgian Court (12-3), Ashland (9-5)
- Location: Clermont, Fla. (Legends Way)
- The Lead: Assumption took control early in both games, but were unable to fight off comebacks from Georgian Court and Ashland and dropped two in the final day of the Spring Games.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME ONE
- Assumption had the bases loaded in the bottom of the first inning when there was a passed ball that scored Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem High School) from third to take a quick 1-0 lead.
- In the bottom of the second, Georgian Court tied the game at one after a double to right center. The Lions scored two more in the top of the fifth to gain a 3-1 advantage headed into the final innings of play. The Lions tallied one more run after a triple was hit in the sixth to seal the win 4-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mia Patriacca (Newton, Mass./Newton North) took the loss after she faced 27 batters throwing 60 strikes and recording two strikeouts. Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) faced four batters in the final inning and threw nine strikes for two strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME TWO
- Both teams were held scoreless until the sixth inning when Peabody hit a double to right center to drive in Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield High School) and take a 1-0 lead for the Hounds. Ashland quickly tied it up 1-1 after a walk with the bases loaded drove their first run in.
- The Eagles kept the momentum going for the inning when a single hit past second base drove in two runs to give them the 3-1 advantage. With a single up the middle followed by a single to right center, Ashland was able to cross three more runs over the plate and take the 6-1 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Nowicki was credited the loss pitching about five innings and faced 26 batters. Nowicki pitched 60 strikes for two strikeouts while Giuliana Pierce (Pittsfield, Mass./Pittsfield) pitched to six batters with 10 strikes thrown.
- Peabody recorded the only double for the Hounds along with the sole RBI of the game while Beaton recorded the only stolen base and went 3-2 at the plate.
- Both Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell High School) and Peabody went 3-for-1 in the batters' box.
- The Hounds are back home Saturday, March 16 for a double-header against Molloy at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.