- Score: Southern N.H. 4, Assumption 0
- Records: Southern N.H. (30-4, 15-0 NE10), Assumption (18-12, 11-6 NE10)
- Location: Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Softball Field)
- The Lead: Southern N.H. took an early 3-0 lead in the first inning and later extended their lead to four after a home run that Assumption was unable to recover from and ultimately fell 4-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME ONE
- Southern N.H. started out the scoring early in the bottom of the first inning with a single to right field followed by a walk to put runners on first and second with two outs. Emily Carbonneau doubled to right field to score both runners and give the Penmen a 2-0 lead. The two-out rally continued when Maddy Barone then singled to right field to score Carbonneau and end the first inning up 3-0 over Assumption.
- Assumption attempted an answer in the top of the second when Alyssa Bialakis (Boca Raton, Fla./St. John Paul II Academy) reached first after being hit by a pitch and then Caitlin Mirabell (Shoreham, N.Y./Shoreham-Wading River) singled to centerfield. The Hounds were unable to get runners home and remained scoreless after two innings.
- In the top of the fifth inning, Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem High School) tried to get a two-rally going for Assumption when she hit a triple to right centerfield. The Hounds fouled out for the third out of the inning and left Murphy on base.
- Southern N.H. extended their lead when Carbonneau hit a home run over left centerfield to put the Penmen ahead 4-0. The Hounds put three balls in play in their final three at bats, but could not score any runs and fell 4-0 to Southern N.H.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) took the loss for Assumption pitching six innings with one strikeout, five walks, six hits, four runs and one home run. Barone earned the win for the Penmen with seven innings pitched, six strikeouts, no walks and five hits.
- Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield High School) went 2-for-3 at the plate while Kayla Peabody (Mendon, Mass./Nipmuc Regional High School) and Mirabell both were 1-for-3. Peabody earned the only double for the Hounds while Murphy recorded the only triple.
- Both Beaton and Murphy recorded double-plays in the game.
- The Hounds are on the road at Southern N.H. again on Saturday, April 13, for a double-header at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.