- Score: Saint Anselm 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Saint Anselm (29-8, 17-2 NE10), Assumption (20-16, 13-10 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (South Athletic Field)
- The Lead: Assumption held the Hawks scoreless until the bottom of the seventh when Saint Anselm loaded the bases and drove the winning run in to take the 1-0 win from Assumption.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Assumption attempted to get the ball rolling in the first inning with Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell High School) earning a single up the left side of the field followed by Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield High School) singling to centerfield to advance Drakoulakos to second. Despite runners on first and second, the Hounds were unable to drive in any runs.
- Saint Anselm had a chance to score in the bottom of the third inning when the Hawks had the bases loaded with two outs. The Hounds forced a ground out to end the inning and remain tied 0-0 with Saint Anselm.
- Up until the seventh inning, Assumption held Saint Anselm to only three hits. In the bottom of the seventh inning Saint Anselm came alive. The Hawks loaded the bases with only one out. Lauren Washburn hit a single up the middle to score the game-winning run to end the game 1-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) pitched 6.1 innings with two strikeouts, five walks, five hits and one run. Nowicki threw a total of 73 strikes in the loss to a total of 30 batters.
- Caitlin Mirabell (Shoreham, N.Y./Shoreham-Wading River) went 1-for-2 in the game and recorded the only double for Assumption while five Hounds went 1-for-3.
- The Hounds are back at Saint Anselm on Monday, April 22, for a double-header at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.