- Score: Bentley 5, Assumption 1
- Records: Bentley (18-21, 14-10 NE10), Assumption (20-19, 13-13 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Marois Field)
- The Lead: Assumption took an early lead over Bentley in the first inning, but was unable to stop the Falcons strong comeback throughout multiple innings and ultimately fell 5-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption started the scoring off in the bottom of the first inning when Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem High School) got on base after beating out a hit to third base. Murphy then stole second to put herself into scoring position. Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell High School) put down a sacrifice bunt to move Murphy to third base with only one out. Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield High School) came up to the plate and singled to the shortstop to score Murphy and give the Hounds a 1-0 lead.
- Bentley answered in the top of the second when they put runners on second and third with no outs. A ground out to second base allowed the tying run to cross home and left a runner on third with only one out. A single to centerfield by Kaileigh Serafini scored the go-ahead run and gave the Falcons a 2-1 lead.
- The Falcons extended their lead in the fifth inning with runners on second and third with one out. A single to right field by Julie Slavin scored the two runners on base to put Bentley ahead 4-1.
- Bentley scored one more run in the top of the seventh with two runners on and Juliana Romeo hit a single to right centerfield that scored the runner on second earning the Falcons a four-run lead (5-1). Assumption was unable to get anyone on base in the bottom of the seventh and fell 5-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) pitched all seven innings for Assumption with eight strikeouts, three walks, eight hits and five runs to a total of 34 batters. Kayleigh Fitzpatrick earned the win for the Falcons with one strikeout, no walks, three hits and one run.
- Victoria Petrie (Marlborough, Mass./Marlborough), Beaton and Murphy all went 1-for-3 at the plate today while Beaton recorded the sole RBI and Murphy scored the only run.
- The Hounds are back home Thursday, April 25, for a double-header against Saint Michael's at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.