- Event: Wesleyan Invitational
- Location: Middletown, Conn.
- The Lead: The Assumption College women's swimming & diving team participated in the 2016 Wesleyan Invitational on Saturday. No official scores were kept as the Hounds competed against the University of Connecticut, Wesleyan, Simmons, Roger Williams and Wellesley.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) swam her way to a pair of top four finishes on Saturday, finishing second in the 1,000 freestyle with a time of 10:46.29 and fourth in the 500 freestyle, clocking in at 5:13.48. Joining Quirk in the 1,000 free was senior Rachel Lanam (Sebastian, Fla. / Sebastian River) who placed third in 11:08.64 and freshman Sydney LaQue (Burnt Hills, N.Y. / Burnt Hills Ballston Lake) who finished in fifth with a time of 11:14.41.
- Freshman Kelsey Johnstone (Southwick, Mass. / Westfield) recorded a top four finish in the 100 breaststroke, clocking in at 1:11.35, while junior Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School) raced to a fifth place finish in the 400 IM with a time of 4:50.17.
- The Hounds 400 yard medley relay team of freshman Abbey Holmes (Laurel, MD / Archbishop Spalding), Johnstone, freshman Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) and sophomore Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon) finished in fourth place with a time of 4:09.72.
- The Hounds 400 yard freestyle relay team also placed fourth, as senior Tricia Lee (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood), Holmes, Nicholls and senior Allie Wuerfl (Wayland, Mass. / Wayland) swam their way to a 3:44.44 finish.
- Assumption return to action on Saturday, November 12th as the Hounds travel to Sacred Heart University for a dual meet that starts at 1 p.m.