- Event: Dual Meet vs. Mount Holyoke
- Results: Assumption 217, Mount Holyoke 45
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Plourde Pool)
- The Lead: The Assumption women's swimming & diving team rolled past Mount Holyoke this evening, as the Hounds won every event and set two new pool records.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee), was the first to break a pool record, as she raced her way to a time of 1:00.16 in the 100 butterfly, good for a first place finish. Junior Ali Petrozza (North Andover, Mass. / Austin Preparatory School) touched in second (1:02.51), while senior Courtney Barr (Waltham, Mass. / Matignon) placed third in 1:02.51.
- The 200 freestyle relay then broke the pool record for the event, as sophomore Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding), senior Bry Veroneau (Belchertown, Mass. / Belchertown), junior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon), and senior Bella Omobono (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) combined to finish the race in 1:40.19.
- Freshmen Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine / Cony) and Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass. / Nantucket) each won an individual event, as Guadalupi claimed the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:15.89 and Roberts won the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:33.81.
- Senior Aerin Toskas (Douglaston, N.Y. / Archbishop Molloy) placed second in the 200 back, clocking in at 2:21.66, while classmate Molly Dillon (Pembroke, Mass. / Pembroke) finished third in 2:22.67.
- Senior Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School) won a pair of events, as she placed first in the 200 IM (2:17.55) and the 100 backstroke (1:02.41). Sophomore Hannah Nitso (Attleboro, Mass. / Bishop Feehan) finished second in the 200 IM with a time of 2:20.34, while freshman Lauren Kuhns (Homer, Alaska / Homer) placed third after finishing with a time of 2:21.00.
- Junior Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) won both the 1000 freestyle (10:46.61) and the 500 freestyle (5:17.22), and freshman Sydney LaQue (Burnt Hills, N.Y. / Burnt Hills Ballston Lake) placed second in the 1000 free with a time of 11:12.41 and third in the 500 free with a time of 5:33.52.
- In the 100 freestyle the Hounds swept the top three spots, as Holmes won the race after finishing in 55.29 seconds. Ombono finished second in 56.80 seconds and sophomore Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn. / East Lyme) placed third with a time of 57.96 seconds.
- Holmes also claimed the 100 breaststroke in 1:09.34, while Roberts (1:11.38) and Nicholls (1:12.31) finshed second and third.
- Sophomore Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J. / Rutgers Preparatory) raced her way to a first place finish in the 200 freestyle after touching the wall in 2:00.56. Omobono (2:02.73) and Veroneau (2:03.30) finished in second and third.
- In the 50 freestyle, Veroneau claimed the top spot, finished with a time of 25.74 seconds, while sophomore Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass. / Duxbury) placed second in 25.99 seconds and Barr finished third in 26.24 seconds.
- Kaczor, Petrozza and junior Kelsey Kozikowski (Berlin, Conn. / Berlin) swept the top three spots in the 200 butterfly, finishing with times of 2:15.26, 2:16.20 and 2:21.37, respectively.
- The 200 medley relay consisting of Morgan, Holmes, Barr and Veroneau won the event after racing to a time of 1:52.47.
- The Hounds return to action tomorrow as they compete in the Worcester City Championship at Clark University which is an all-day event.