- Event: New England Catholic Invitational
- Results: 6th
- Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- The Lead: The team placed sixth overall with a total of 215.5 points at the New England Catholic Invitational, where they had eight top ten finishes throughout the two-day meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield Memorial) had the highest finish for the team with a third place finish in the 1000 freestyle at a time of 10:58.05. She also placed sixth in the 500 free (5:19.95) and 17th in the 200 free (2:02.50).
- Sophomore Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony) had a great showing for the Hounds as well, with a fifth place finish in the 100 backstroke (1:01.77), a ninth place finish is the 500 free (5:25.62), a ninth place finish in the 200 backstroke (2:14.51) and also contributed to a sixth place finish in the 400 free relay and a seventh place finish in the 400 medley relay.
- Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) had two 16th place finishes in the 100 butterfly (1:01.36) and the 200 butterfly (2:17.75) while Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) contributed two 15th place finishes in the 100 breaststroke (1:11.57) and the 200 breaststroke (2:35.41).
- Senior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon) had two good performances, in the 200 IM where she placed 18th (2:18.10) and the 400 IM for a 12th place finish (4:56.24).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds had a combined team score of 215.5 points to earn them a sixth place finish overall. They finished just behind Holy Cross, but ahead of Merrimack by nearly 200 points. Boston College won the event with 1278 points.
- The Hounds are back in the pool on Friday, October 19 against Mount Holyoke at 6 p.m.