- Event: At Mount Holyoke
- Results: 1st
- Location: South Hadley, Mass.
- The Lead: The team took first in their meet this evening against Mount Holyoke, as the team scored a total of 216 points with first place finishes in every swimming event.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei) had an outstanding performance with two first place finishes, in the 200 butterfly (2:16.65) and the 100 butterfly (1:00.36) to start off her rookie season. Freshman Payton Horton (Port Elizabeth, A.E./St. Dominic's Priory) also added a first place finish in the 100 free at a time of 55.92.
- Sophomore Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony) had two first place finishes on the night, in the 200 freestyle (1:59.07) and the 200 IM (2:15.70), while also contributing to a first place finish in the 200 medley and the 200 free relay. Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spaulding) added a first place finish in the 200 breaststroke (2:36.17) and also contributed to the 200 medley and 200 free relay first place finishes.
- Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury) had a first place finish in the 100 backstroke (1:01.72) and was a contributor to the 200 free relay placing. The 200 free relay team was rounded out with Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) who also swam to first in the 50 free at a time of 25.98 and contributed to the first place finish for the 200 medley. Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) took first in the 100 breaststroke (1:11.45) and was part of the first place finish in the 200 medley.
- Senior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon) earned first in the 1000 free at a time of 11:10.38 while Sydney LaQue (Scotia, N.Y./Burnt Hill-Ballston Lake) swam to first in the 200 backstroke (2:16.92) and Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield Memorial) took first in the 500 free (5:24.77).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds had a combined team score of 216 and beat Mount Holyoke who only tallied 46 points on the night.
- The Hounds are in their home pool tomorrow, Saturday, October 20, where they will face Le Moyne and Merrimack.