- Event: At Assumption College
- Results: 1st
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption Greyhounds won both meets of a tri-meet between Le Moyne and Merrimack with twelve first place finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) had two first-place finishes for the Hounds. She took first in the 1000 freestyle (10:58.99) and in the 500 freestyle (5:26.35).
- Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony) had two first-place finishes, first in the 100 backstroke (1:00.65), then in the 200backstroke (2:13.97) and helped her team take first in the 400 medley relay (4:07.42).
- Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding) took home two first-place finishes. She earned first in the 100 breaststroke (1:09.79) and also in the 50 freestyle (25.02). She was also part of the 400 freestyle relay that took first-place (3:41.70).
- Natalia Kaczor (Chicpoee, Mass./Chicopee) earned a first place finish in both the 100 butterfly (1:00.52) and the 100 free (56.41) while Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon) took first in the 200 IM (2:17.27) and Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) swam to first in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:37.58.
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds earned their 20th consecutive win in their home pool today, having not lost at home since November, 2011. The Hounds beat Le Moyne 198-64 and Merrimack 211-51.
- The Hounds travel for the Worcester City Championships on the weekend of October 26-27.