- Event: Worcester City Championships
- Results: 1st (after day one)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: The team currently holds the first place spot in the Worcester City Championships after the first day of swimming, with one first place finish so far and a slew of top ten finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield Memorial) earned the Hounds' only first place finish of the night with a time of 10:50.72 in the 1000 free while she also helped the 800 free relay team earn a second place finish with a time of 8:03.63.
- Assumption's second place finish in the 400 medley relay composed of Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony), Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md/Archbishop Spalding), Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School), and Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon) beat the meet record time of 4:02.03 with their time of 4:01.63.
- Nicholls also added a fifth place finish in the 200 IM with a time of 2:14.63 followed by Guadalupi in sixth (2:17.75), Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) in seventh (2:18.04) and Hannah Nitso (Attleboro, Mass./Bishop Feehan) in eighth (2:21.37).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds had a combined team score of 238, just three points above Holy Cross with 235, while WPI ended the day with 191 and Clark totaled 63.
- The Hounds are back for the second day of the Worcester City Championships tomorrow, Saturday, at Clark University.