- Event: Worcester City Championships
- Results: 2nd
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: The team earned second place overall after the second day of racing where the Hounds secured four first place finishes in the second day.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield Memorial) earned first place in the 500 free with a time of 5:16.78 along with a fourth place finish in the 200 free (2:02.8).
- Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) had an outstanding second day where she earned second in the 200 free (2:02.51), fourth in the 100 free (56.16), third in the 200 butterfly (2:14.79) and helped earn a second place finish in the 200 free relay (1:41.31) and the 400 free relay (3:41.04).
- Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony) earned two first place finishes on the day in the 100 backstroke (1:00.11) and the 200 backstroke (2:09.72) along with contributing to the first place finish in the 200 medley relay (1:50.26) and the second place finish in the 400 free relay.
- Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding) swam to a second place finish in the 100 breaststroke (1:09.92) and a third place finish in the 50 free (24.72) while contributing to the 400 free relay second place finish and the 200 free relay second place finish.
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds had a combined team score of 973.5 just behind Holy Cross who totaled 1051. WPI ended the weekend with 910.5 and Clark tallied 297.
- The Hounds are back in the pool Saturday, November 10, at Sacred Heart at 1 p.m.