- Event: vs. Sacred Heart
- Location: Fairfield, Conn.
- The Lead: Assumption women's swimming and diving team fell to Sacred Heart University despite four first place finishes and eight second place finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds' 200 medley relay team composed of MacKenzie Day (Stoneham, Mass./Stoneham High), Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket), Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School), and Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding) started off the day by taking second with a time of 1:52.15.
- Day also placed second in the 100 backstroke (1:02.42) and third in the 200 backstroke (2:17.62) while Holmes placed third in the 100 breaststroke (1:11.09), third in the 50 free (25.40) and fourth in the 100 free (56.46).
- Buckle placed first in the 200 butterfly (2:15.27), third in the 100 butterfly (1:00.36) and third in the 200 breaststroke (2:34.73) and Roberts earned second in the 200 breaststroke (2:34.71) and third in the 200 IM (2:21.71).
- Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield Memorial) took home two first place finishes in the 1,000 free (10:58.21) and the 500 free (5:19.22).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds had a combined team score of 115 while Sacred Heart earned 162 team points.
- The Hounds are back in action Friday, November 16, at the Harold Anderson Invitational at URI at 5:00 p.m.