- Event: Gompei Invitational
- Results: 7th
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption started the Gompei Invitational out strong with twelve top ten finishes in the first day with strong performances by Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding), Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School) and Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J./Rutgers Preparatory).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the 800 free relay, a team composed of Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony), Kurtz, Payton Horton (Port Elizabeth, South Africa/St. Dominic's) and Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon) earned a second place finish with a time of 7:43.34 followed by a seventh place finish with a time of 7:58.15 from a team composed of Holmes, Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield), Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee), and Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn./East Lyme).
- In the 200 medley relay, a team composed of Guadalupi, Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket), Buckle and Holmes placed fourth (1:47.62) followed by a ninth place finish composed of Aubrey Forman (Saunderstown, R.I./North Kingstown), Nicholls, Kaczor, and Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury) with a time of 1:49.74.
- There were two top ten finishes in the 200 IM with Guadalupi finishing in seventh place (2:11.81) and Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) finishing tenth (2:13.51). Both Nicholls and Roberts placed top ten in the 200 breaststroke with Nicholls finishing third (2:23.67) and Roberts finishing sixth (2:26.20)
- Holmes led the Hounds in the 50 free with a fourth place finish (23.98) followed by Rangulong with a ninth place finish (24.84). Buckle placed second in the 100 butterfly (58.01) and Kurtz placed third in the 1650 free (17:41.32).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds currently sit at seventh place after the first day of competition in the combined team scores where Assumption earned 698 total points. Saint Rose is in eleventh with 427 points and Merrimack is in thirteenth with 122. Bentley leads for the teams in the NE10 at fifth with 1068.5 points.
- The Hounds are back in the pool tomorrow, December 1, at the second day of the Gompei Invitational at WPI.