- Event: Gompei Invitational
- Results: 2nd
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption completed the second day of the Gompei Invitational with a first place finish by Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School) and fifteen total top ten finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- To start the second day, the Hounds earned a third and eighth place finish in the 200 free relay where Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding), Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony), Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury) and Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn./East Lyme) earned third (1:36.29) and Payton Horton (Port Elizabeth, South Africa/St. Dominic's), Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon), Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) and Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) earned eighth (1:39.82).
- For the 100 breaststroke, Assumption's Guadalupi claimed fifth (57.83) and Rangulong took tenth (1:01.02) while in the 200 free, Horton earned fifth (1:55.71) and Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J./Rutgers Preparatory) swam to ninth (1:58.04).
- Buckle earned the only first place finish of the invitational so far in the 50 butterfly in 27.39 followed by Kaczor in second (26.45). Nicholls claimed seventh in the 400 IM in 4:39.39 for the only top ten finish of the event for the Hounds.
- In the 50 backstroke, Guadalupi swam to fourth (27.30) while Rangulong earned eighth in 28.24. The Hounds claimed three top ten places in the 100 breaststroke with Holmes in fourth (1:05.84), Roberts in sixth (1:07.43) and Nicholls in ninth (1:08.52).
- The Hounds ended the day with a fourth place finish in the 400 medley relay with a team composed of Guadalupi, Homes, Buckle and Nicholls with a time of 3:55.62.
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- The Hounds currently sit at second in the women's events with a total score of 1548. Bryant University is first with 2254 points and Rowan in third with 1424 points.
- The Hounds are back in the pool tomorrow, December 2, at the third day of the Gompei Invitational at WPI.