- Event: Connecticut College & University of Bridgeport
- Location: New London, Conn.
- The Lead: Assumption defeated University of Bridgeport, but came up short against Connecticut College despite multiple top seven finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass./Wakefield Memorial) led the Hounds with the only first place finish of the day in the 1000 freestyle where she finished in a time of 10:52.94. Quirk also finished second in the 500 free in a time of 5:20.37.
- Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony) had three top five finishes on the day. She earned second in the 100 backstroke (1:00.81), second in the 200 backstroke (2:10.71) and fourth in the 200 IM (2:15.84). Guadalupi also contributed to a third place finish in the 200 medley relay (1:51.67) with teammates Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket), Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School) and Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding).
- Roberts placed highest for the Hounds in the 100 breaststroke in fourth (1:10.71) and sixth in the 200 IM (2:19.40). Holmes earned three top six finishes on the day with a fifth place finish in the 50 free (25.54) and the 100 breaststroke (1:10.87) along with a sixth place finish in the 100 free (56.55).
- Buckle earned third in the 100 butterfly (1:00.66) and sixth in the 100 breaststroke (1:11.05). She also contributed to a third place tie in the 200 free relay (1:43.61) with teammates Payton Horton (Port Elizabeth, South Africa/St. Dominic's), Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury), and Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon).
- Nicholls also earned fourth in both the 1000 free (11:14.83) and the 200 breaststroke (2:32.56) while Ali Petrozza (North Andover, Mass./Austin Preparatory School) earned fourth in the 20 butterfly (2:14.07) and fifth in the 100 butterfly (1:01.22).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- Assumption beat the University of Bridgeport with 151.00 points while Bridgeport only earned 106.00.
- The Hounds came up short against Connecticut College who earned 183.00 points while the Hounds earned 78.00.
- The Hounds are back in the pool on Thursday, February 7, for the first day of the NE10 Championships at WPI. The championships run from Thursday, February 7, until Sunday, February 10.