- Event: NE10 Championships Day Two
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (WPI)
- The Lead: Assumption holds strong in second place following eight top eight finishes in the second day of competition with multiple records broken.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The 200 free relay team got the Hounds started with setting a new school record as they earned first in a time of 1:36.64 composed of Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding), Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury), Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn./East Lyme), and Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee).
- Holmes continued that momentum into breaking the school record in the preliminaries of the 50 free in a time of 24.05. She then went on to beat her own record in the finals with a time of 23.94 which earned her first place in the event. Kaczor followed her with a seventh place finish in a time of 24.76.
- The 400 medley relay team made up of Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony), Holmes, Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School), and Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa/Clarendon) earned second place in a time of 3:52.59, which also set a new school record.
- Nicholls and Guadalupi continued their momentum into the 200 IM where Nicholls placed fourth (2:07.31), Guadalupi placed fifth (2:09.75) and Grace Gustinis (Monroe, Conn./Masuk) earned sixth (2:10.26). Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J./Rutgers Preparatory) rounded out the day with a sixth place finish in the 500 free (5:07.13).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- Assumption stays strong in second place with 350 total points just 11 points behind Bentley with 361 points. Southern Connecticut is in third with 306.5 and Pace holds fourth with 230.5.
- Three school records were broken today by the Hounds with the 200 free relay (1:36.64), 400 medley relay (3:52.59) and Holmes in the 50 free (23.94).
- The Hounds are back in the pool for the third day of the NE10 Championships tomorrow, February 9, at WPI all day.